Monday, September 12, 2011

Buterbug: Contagious

I am the shiny spot on a raindrop,

falling to the ground at high speeds.

I am the cocoa taste of a freshly twisted oreo,

you went to get from the pantry to fulfill your needs.

I am the bumblebee that stung you but didn’t die,

whom pollinated the garden flowers in mid-July.

I am the grease on the cogs of your car’s insides,

dragging your crap through town with pride.

I am the lover of your soul and the hand you hold,

if I were a pen, you’d be writing in BOLD.

Beautiful, satisfying, strong-willed, perseverant, and courageous,

I’m much better than before and freaking contagious.

-S

5 comments:

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

at last someone. It's been a long time stranger. reminds me of the I Am poems in high school, very nice

Jasmine

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Fearsome Fivesome said...

perhaps your blog was foretelling your illness...but I like it a lot!

-M

Sarah said...

Lol - hey why are we deleting comments from outsiders - anyone know?

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

They're adds, they keep popping up

-M