Wednesday, June 17, 2009

That guy: Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

There have been rumors going around of me going soft. I know. I don’t kill, murder, steal, plunder, pillage, abuse, use, or booze anymore.

But I still have it.

I ran the Academy, like a boss.

I stopped at Keva Juice, like a boss.

I’m sitting on the bench, waiting for my drink, panting.

A woman walks in with her child in the stroller. She orders something, and her child turns to look at me.

I ignore him, because I hate children. But some internal calling forces me to look at him.

The MOMENT our eyes meet, he breaks down, crying harder than any baby I have ever seen before.

She tries to calm him down.

NOTHING works.

The moment she gets her drink, she pushes him out of the store as quickly has she can.

I laugh.

The baristas give me a strange look.




P.S.
I swear his eyes were about to start bleeding.


-That guy

2 comments:

Scribe said...

he comes.

Jim said...

He looked into your soul and found despair for the world.