Thursday, January 13, 2011

Meghan: duct tape is silver

Jasmine was taken from her work place in an unmarked car, then bound and gagged in the back while it drove away.
Abe curled around a plate of poisoned cookies at FedEx, only to be lifted into a van by friendly looking people in black.
Doug was smashed over the head by what looked like a laptop then towed away similarly.
And finally Sarah felt a needle bite into her neck while she was doing laundry and fell unconscious.

They all woke up in very similar positions duct-taped to chairs, their arms wrapped from wrist to elbow and tape across their mouths. Their eyes slid furtively from side to side, seeking perhaps an escape route or explosive but all they saw was me sitting in a chair across from them. Unfortunately I had fallen asleep waiting for them to wake up, so I was not there to witness Abe’s furious eye rolling, Doug’s mildly worried look, Jasmine’s muted screams (something along the lines of ‘not again’ or ‘why does this always happen to me’), and Sarah’s relieved sigh (muffled by duct tape). Eventually the noise woke me and I sat up in my chair, scrubbing at my face and looking around.
“What?” three pairs of angry eyes glared at me and I winced, “Oh yeah, I forgot I didn’t mean to do the mouths, sorry.”
I peeled Sarah’s gag off slowly and set it aside.
“No biting.” I said firmly as I gripped the edge of Jasmine’s tape. I peeled it off and she promptly chomped down on my wrist. I collapsed to my knees with moans of ecstasy but managed to yank the limb free.
“Ow, ow, ow.” I chanted softly as I quickly ripped off Abe’s and Doug’s.
“Okay, now that we’re all here,” I clapped my hands to bring their focus from their possibly dire situation to the purpose of the gathering, “we can blog.”
They all looked equally confused.
“We’ve all been very bad at blogging continuously for the past few months so I thought we’d all take some quality time and blog.” While I spoke I wheeled their chairs to circle a large table equipped with computers.
“I know that it will be difficult for you to type with your arms taped together but I believe in you.”
They all still looked slightly disbelieving as I bent over my own computer and began typing. But after a few minutes more slow clicking joined the sound of mine.
That month there were many blogs.
The end




-M

6 comments:

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

how can doug blog without his laptop? unless you used someone elses laptop... this is possible.
jasmine

Scribe said...

I like this blog.

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

You all have computers, they should work for blogging you don't need your specific laptops.

-M

cheesecows666 said...

Dig it.

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

"you can't even post long comments! seriously?" said meghan upon seeing abes two word post

Jasmine

Sarah said...

I got this comment fest a week late. My bad. But nicely done.
Thank you for taking me via injection. And point taken.