Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Jasmine: Nanowrimo

Every November there is a competition. A wild, crazy, haphazard event with no tangible prize, no blue ribbon, nothing but a stack of pages that you yourself have made, but might not have otherwise made had it not been for the competitive air of this particular month. November is not only a month where many people refuse to shave their bodies it is national novel writing month! Starting November 1st we few who choose to do this have exactly 30 days to write fifty thousand words. a small novel or the beginning to a large one.

truthfully I meant to post this before November got here and get you all to write with me, but I forgot about the whole project until November 4th.

I started doing this four years ago and that first year was really my best year. every year since life has managed to screw me over. stupid life. but this year i try again. I'm not doing so well. i have probably about eight thousand words maybe ten, it's mostly in writing form and not automatic wordcount form. but there's thirteen days left on the clock and i have to write about three thousand words a day in order to make my count. It might happen. I've had days where i wrote six thousand words in a single sitting. but those days are past.

I was going to write more about my style of writing and the critiques on it that Meghan has recently given me, but I think I'll go write my story instead. bye.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You know that no shave November is to raise awareness about Colon cancer, right?

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

I know absolutely nothing about no shave november except as an interesting topic of conversation in passing. The act of shaving or not shaving doesn't exactly scream colon cancer in my book. It's an interesting choice I wonder why it was chosen for that particular ailment.

Jasmine