Monday, March 9, 2009

Meghan: family

I’m here flying all alone
No need for me to atone
Daddy dearest hear the screaming
All the while your thoughts are teeming
Of your perfect little girl
Who loves her not so perfect world
Hide your eyes and stop your ears
She might confirm your darkest fears
Then what would you do?

Daddy, Daddy, save me, save me
Daughter, Daughter,
What have you done?
Spare me, spare me, father dear,
I don’t want to run
You don’t have to, I will save you,
No matter what you’ve done
No matter what?

You would not, you were not, you were never there
I cannot, will not force you to care
So I’ll wear this shining mask
I can do this simple task
So you won’t
hate me
or maybe
break me?

I love you
you love me
we’re a happy family
with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you
won’t you say you love me too


-Meghan

3 comments:

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

I've been trying to deviate from the kinds of posts that make everyone think I'm going to slit my wrists, light myself on fire, then jump off of a bridge, but there have been too few posts lately and I wrote this randomly in english so...yeah.
By the way, I'm not about to do any of the above in the near future. Just so you know.
-Meghan

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

barney creeps me out. twitch. but it's good. well written, thought provoking. and now your dad looks purple when i think about him.
jasmine

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

that's. really. creepy.
mental picture of barney
mental picture of my Dad
mental picture of dad dressed in barney suit trying to hug me
...
twitch
...
twitch
...
twitchtwitchtwitchtwitchtwitch
-M