Thursday, April 22, 2010

Doug: Just who's side are you on?

I'm depressed.

I just around six hours writing a paper about the Second Amendment. I picked the second amendment because I feel passionate about firearms, and think that Americans should have the right to own guns if they feel like it and are responsible citizens.

Turns out that the Second Amendment really doesn't provide any real legal wordage indicating that private citizens have the right to own firearms regardless of participation in state militas. I argued for everything I hate.

Turning in this paper is going to be the hardest thing I've ever done. I almost feel like throwing it in the trash, or permanantly deleting it.

But I can't. I know in my heart that I've presented a logical arguement. And that I'm right. There is no basis for private citizens being protected from state or even federal governments taking away their guns.

But there should be.

And I'm willing to fight for what I think should be a right.

So come get my gun. You're going to have to pry it from my cold dead fingers.

-Doug

"Go ahead. Make my day."
-Clint Eastwood

2 comments:

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

sorry luv.

jasmine

cheesecows666 said...

The second ammendment only held true during the time of the Draft, when any citizen could be pulled into military serivice, if able bodied, therefore making private citizens part of "A well regulated Militia." This no longer holds true since the disbandment of the Draft. Sad days are sad.