Saturday, February 5, 2011

Doug: Shh

08:14 AM on a Saturday is a weird time. Not many people have work, so the streets are mostly dead. No one else in the house is up, not even the guy I’m supposed to take to Kirkland to get his car fixed. It’s raining, the drizzly, Seattle rain that doesn’t quite soak you, but is still an annoyance. The sun isn’t really up either. I know sunrise is sometime around 0730, but it doesn’t matter, the clouds hovering over the city add a hazy unreality to the light of my universe, and it seems like I’m having trouble focusing on any one thing.

Still, it’s quiet. An almost foreign state for our house. Usually there’s a million and a half people here, all of them talking, laughing, watching movies, playing games, cooking, studying. Living. Right now it’s just me, the silence, and the house. I like it.

In a few minutes I’m going to have to take Anthony to deal with is jacked up car. But right here, right now, it’s quiet.

-Doug

3 comments:

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

sigh I do love the quiet moments, however at my house meghan has to be gone or asleep and so do all of hte cats.

Jasmine

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

could this be because whenever I'm quiet around you, you ask me what's wrong?

-M

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

when you're being quiet something is usually terribly wrong.

Jasmine