Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sarah: Under the Influence of A Merlot

Alright - You, who reposts that same post from the Buterblog, dear God - Stop! I hear your pleas for me to post, and your crazy attempts to force me to. Seriously, please, I beg of thee, just text me next time or tell Meghan as you walk in the door and she'll tell me. But in the name of the holiest of holies, do not force the readers of this blog to endure another repetition of my last post from a completely different blog and era. Thank you.

On that note I have many discoveries -

1. Being a part of something is more than doing your part.
2. Infatuation and love are completely different. Love isn't work, but to show your love requires understanding your loved ones' "language of love." There are five - acts of service, gifts, words of affirmation, physical touch, and quality time. Read Gary Chapman's "The Five Love Languages" for enlightenment.
3. I am not searching for love from somebody else, I am searching for how to love myself.
4. Wanting a dream and fulfilling it are two different ball games.
5. Never give advice you wouldn't take.
6. Merlot is good, champagne is better.
7. Practicing homosexuality is not in accordance with God's laws. None of us are living in accordance with God's laws.
8. I will drag Casey to the beach for his birthday this year. Like, nothing will stop me.
9. As of right now, there are two things I want out of my life: a great dane named Condor and a house.
10. Meghan, don't judge me: a Hello Kitty tatoo was and is a perfectly splendid idea.
11. Best Quote Ever = Having a Kid is like getting a tatoo on your face, before you go through with it you should be sure you are committed.
12. It is okay to let someone go. To stop trying to be the glue, the fix-it family-man. Sometimes its better.

And now that the wine glass is empty and I am slow at spelling words...I am going to leave you with all of that.

Sincerely,
Happy Valentines Day,

Sarah

2 comments:

Scribe said...

I like this. Like, a lot.

Sarah said...

I would like to ammend this - number 12 is talking about family, not relationships. Just an f.y.i. Its not really advice for anyone else, but a self discovery.