Friday, September 4, 2009

Jasmine: Curious

I’m always curious what people think when i come to class scratched and bruised. Do they think I have an abusive boyfriend? Abusive father/brother figures? Do they think I’m one of “those” kids? Always in trouble, gangs, drugs, and violence. When really I’m just the violence, and not very careful about it. But I think the stories that they spin inside their minds would be interesting to listen in on for a little while. Anything becomes boring if you can’t get away from it.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Or do they think at all.

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

I wonder if they look at the things on the neck and think 'hickey?' or 'strangulation?' because they're so...big

-M

Scribe said...

when people ask you about it, if they do, you should look up with really sad eyes and say something like: "I can't tell you... they'll just hurt me some more..."

and then just walk away, shoulders slumped, raise your shoulders up and down every few seconds like you're holding back sobs.

then you should probably turn around and tell them you just play rough. cause if you really walk away they might call the cops.

that might be awkward.

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

but so very funny

-M

Jasmine said...

noone's ever commented to me, apart from the disapproving parents of senior year past. has anyoen ever commented to you guys

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

parents and random people. I think I got a comment like 'you don't have to take it' or 'you can get help' once... lots of 'what happened?' and 'oh my god, are you okay?' to which I have varying answers

-M