Sunday, January 31, 2010

Meghan: just a little sun

She tipped her head back as the light slid across her skin. The tip of her tongue whet her lips only to have the rich touch of the sun pull the moisture right back out. She purred for the places it caressed and shivered from the skin it left bare. Rays dipped against her collar bone and slipped down the curve of her chest.

“What are you doing?”

Her breathe caught in her throat at the sound of the voice and the sunlight fled the room. She slowly slipped her robe back over her shoulders from where it had fallen off.

“Nothing.”

“It did not look like nothing to me.” said the voice that echoed with night and shadows.

“Forgive me Master Dark, if it looked like something more than it was.” She said acidly, “I am allowed to occasionally summon heat in this dark pit, am I not?”

“Pit?” his voice hissed around her ears, chilling away whatever warmth the light had brought. “You dare to call our home a pit? You spend a quarter of my income on your comforts only to say it’s not enough? When does it end, woman?”

“It ends today.” She spit back at him, “When you release me.”

He clicked his tongue sardonically, “Ma Cherie, you know I will never do that.”

She bared her teeth, “You will.”

“Ah, but you’d miss me.” He wrapped his hands in the fabric of her robe and lifted her onto her feet as if she weighed nothing. Then he pulled her forward with the holds and kissed her.

She pulled back from the kiss with a snarl, “I hate you!”

He caught her wrists in his hands, “You may hate me my love but I know the heart that beats within you, and it will not be satisfied with the sun. Without a touch of darkness you’ll die, like a flower without light.” He paused and nibbled the curve of her neck. “I know it; you know it, so stop being such a bitch about it.”

A smile quirked up one side of her mouth, “I love you.”

He kissed the top of her head, “I know.”

She narrowed her eyes, “What do you mean, ‘you know’?”

He sighed and bent, sweeping her legs out from under her and lifting her up into his arms.

“What are you doing, put me down!” she protested

He closed his eyes briefly, “I must be some kind of masochist…”

“Put me down!”

“No.” He said shortly, “I am taking you to bed, where I will wipe every filthy trace of sunlight from your body.”

“What, but—“

“Or I could beat it off with the…what did you call that new toy?”

“I’m going to kill you!”

“But you love me.”
“I hate you!”

He crushed her growling mouth to his in a kiss that left her gasping.

“I know.”



-Meghan

2 comments:

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

not sure if i like it... it seems... frustrated and sad as if her staying with him is inevitable she loves him but grudgingly and desperately wants to escape... i dont know

jasmine

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

so...it confused you? this is good

-M