Friday, October 29, 2010

Doug: Exhaustion

Exhaustion licks at the corners of my eyelids, but a sense of... not success but satisfaction fills me. Not only did I get my entire 8 page Amphibious Warfare paper done, in one night I might add, I also built an entire presentation on the battle for Tarawa from the ground up and presented it this morning. Both operations were a complete success. This does not thrill me. Victory is something I've always expected of myself.

But I am pleased.

The fact that I was up until 0130 last night and I ran six miles this morning is but icing on the cake. I deserve this. I deserve to go home and sleep. But there's one thing I'm going to do first.

Eat myself a goddamn American hamburger. In a German bar. And it's not even a burger, it's a bratwurst. But I'm in America. And I've been looking forward to it all week. So go eat some glass if you're a hater.

It's the freakin weekend baby. Christ, is this skippy mindset what Jasmine feels all the time? That's piles of suck. Oh well. One more week. Then Birthday ball. Fuckin' Rah.

-Doug

"How sweet it is to be loved by you."
-James Taylor

No comments: