Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Meghan: Fall Break

“Are you sure?” I asked Jasmine for what had to be the hundredth time.
“I have no idea.” She answered again, peering at the house where we were to stay the night, “You’re the one who got the directions.”
It was fall break and Jasmine and I had decided to go camping. Unfortunately the lovely camping site we had chosen was booked through the break so we had had to deviate to something different. I had suggested a nudist retreat. More specifically, a nudist bed and breakfast that we had researched during the summer and had never gone to. So we called and they had an opening. But the calling process left me filled with suspicion. The bed and breakfast didn’t really have a website, only a phone number and email with which to reach the hostess. The hostess then gave me directions to her remote hotel which we drove to the next day. So here we had arrived, deeply concerned that the whole thing was just a website designed to lure naked helpless victims into some psychopath’s clutches. The bed and breakfast itself is quite near to Doug’s house and looks just like every other house there. This made me even more worried that there were people laughing in the bushes with cameras.
“Are you sure?”
“Let’s just go check.” Jasmine slid from the car to go ring the doorbell. I slowly walked behind her, scanning the area for any potential murderer or hoax. Unfortunately there was no one there. The hostess called me and said she was running a bit late so we went for coffee, then came back and made our suspicious approach once more. This time we were greeted at the door by a stout, cheerful, and completely naked woman. Trying to remain calm I pulled my little suitcase in and looked around at the cute house. It did look like a bed and breakfast, with the table set and an aqua blue pool glimmering in the backyard. We introduced ourselves and I tried to tell her early in the conversation that I had never done this before so she would understand the look in my eyes as a new nudist and not the serial killer gleam. She showed us the bathroom and our room, then we stripped down to towels while I fugitively glanced at the door every few seconds, worried that the hostess was going to pop up in the doorway and see me.
We went out to the pool and the hostess told us her life story about how she had turned to the ways of nudism. What is interesting about nudism is that it’s almost shameful to have any type of sexual contact when people are nude and in public. Even kissing is frowned upon as flagrant, probably because it is so much easier to take things further faster when there are no clothes whatsoever. So larger people, like the hostess feel more comfortable because others don’t evaluate their bodies when they’re naked. After talking we got to swim and hot tub which was lots of fun. Then there was amazing, amazing dinner, for which we had to put on constrictive clothing and go out. Jasmine kept tugging at her clothes, I was concerned that she had gotten too used to the nudist life and was going to rip them off and run free.
That afternoon we played card games by the side of the pool (actually I’m not sure if we played cards before or after we left for dinner) then we swam again at night. The sky and stars were beautiful, and I was no longer afraid of nudists. Later that night we played dominoes with the hostess before going to sleep. When we woke up there were eggs and French toast.
It was fun, I loved it and can’t help but wonder what would life be like if everywhere were this way.



-M

1 comment:

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

this is not a dream sequence. Just thought I'd put that down there has been some confusion

-M