Monday, October 25, 2010

Sarah: A Moment in Time

Its quiet. The calm humm of the refrigerator behind me and fan under my computer remind me that sounds exist. The loudest sound in the room is the typing of my fingers. This is a typical night once I've completed my chores, made my phone calls, gone to the store, and come home from school. Soon I will study.

I haven't posted in awhile. There hasn't been much to say. Same reason Abe hasn't posted, based on our conversation at Meghan's. There is no news. What are we supposed to say? The relationships in my life have ups and downs. They come and go, like seasonal rains germinating new growth. School is chaotic. Everything in school changes - due dates, test dates, the material, classes, teachers, grades, scores, times - but it all evens out into an equilibrium. Usually.

But, how I do miss passion! I used to find it in so many things as a child. I had so much curiosity and fire for life. Now, I feel like an eternal teenager. I find something and my love of it burns so quickly. Can anyone relate?

Sincerely,
Sarah

4 comments:

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

Does anyone comment anymore? I will make it my goal to comment at least once on every post not mine...there is too much empty white space on my computer and I must fill it.
I can't say I relate, I run around a lot most of the time.

-M

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

sometimes I find my world purposeless. I have my goals, I have my plan. It's all laid out I want to dissapear and become a hobo to make things different

Jasmine

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

why do all of my friends want to run away and become vagabonds? When all I want to do is keep you close and safe...
meh
heh
heh....

-M

Anonymous said...

At least things have settled down!