Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Jasmine: Mindlessly Tired

I spend many of my days in a world that's just a little bit fuzzy around the edges. no i'm not doing drugs. most of you know my stance on drugs. I'm also not doing sleep. This isn't a choice I would normally make. In fact when I have the choice I fall immediately asleep for however long I am able. It's a choice I am forced to make because I want to be what it is that I want to be.

I recently started a job at a nursing home. An assisted living home actually, I think there is some distinction between the two but i'm not entirely certain what it is. Part of my reason for this job is that Kaufman's drastically cut down my hours to the point where I couldnt live off my wages. The other part is I want to get into medical school and need patient care experience.

I applied for the job a few weeks ago and that night I was working. They had an opening, actually a lot of openings for the graveyard shift. I was uneasy at first at the thought of working graveyard, afterall when would I sleep? I know better now, I simply dont sleep. But no other shift would work for me anyways stupid school. So I go to school and to work and a few nights a week along with a few hours in a random afternoon I get sleep.

I miss it. Sleep. I'm struggling to stay awake right now as I write this, but I have a test I need to leave for in 15 minutes so no sleep, not till after the test, then I have some sweet black nothing coming to me.

3 comments:

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

I was sad when I realized you didn't post on my blog, but then I realized you were probably to tired to make the words into meaning. This makes me worry about the test...

-M

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim said...

Hey Jaz,
I'm impressed with your work ethic and the priorities you put on things. I too worked the "graveyard" shift while in college and slept or sleep-walked through serveral classes. Hang in there.
Best regards,
Jim Wood