Monday, March 15, 2010

That guy: brb vacation Day 1

As in the event of any trip I've ever taken, nothing runs as planned. It makes me wonder why we even have a plan in the first place. I think it's so we have something to compare ourselves to.

Running three hours behind is never fun. However, no tires exploded, no rafts broke, no horrible mosquito clouds summoned themselves from the deep to consume our souls, and so, being only three hours late wasn't that bad.

A break is something I rarely get. Even a few days off here and there is hard to obtain.

I have a whole week off.

It took two months in advance to aquire said time off.

So where do I go?

The treacharous wasteland of Utah.

Delicious.

Anyways.

My day.

Start at 35°04.104'
106°29.852'

First stop is a little town just before San Ysidro. I stopped here on my last trip to Utah for coffee with my uncle. Whee. Potty break. I forgot how much fun bathroom condom dispensers were.

Continue to 36°42.591'
107°59.046'

Bloomfield, NM.

Typical little one horse travel town.
Gas is 2.81 a gallon. Cheap compared to what we've seen on the way so far. The men are divided into two groups. Tourist and local. The tourists are seen with the tourist women, driving overpriced SUV's. The locals all have beards. The women are in the same groups. The local ones look like ZZ Top mixed with Rosie O' Donnell. It's horrifying. I eat a Fruit by the Foot. Molly looses my keys in the car. We drove all day.

The only real loss from our three hour delay means that by thee time we've arrived, and found our hotel, every food place has started to close. At 8:30 at night. Feh.

Our only option is the Denny's right next door. Another feh.

Also, our phone and fridge don't work. And somehow our reservation for a one room two night became one night two room. Another whee.

Anyways, time for bed. Sleepy abe is sleepy.

1 comment:

Scribe said...

No plan survives initial contact with the enemy. This is why we have a plan b, plan c, and should thoretically be working on a plan d.

Super jealous of your vacation. I'll make sure to get you the dates of when I'm home so you can get some time off of work for heron lake and anything else we want to do.