Monday, January 19, 2009

Doug: The Final Countdown

Music blasts in my ears.

I normally never do this. I never pump myself up for anything. I just do these things, I feel like I should be ready at anytime, so I don't prepare.

Now I'm preparing.

This game has been fun. But it's going to end. Tonight.

The overseers have seen fit to send us all on a mission we probably won't survive. This is not only unsurprising, but expected. We've been waiting for this moment. Planning. Preparing.

Though we may not survive...

We won't go down without a fight.

In the end. That's all that matters...

-Doug

"ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!!!"
Europe. "The Final Countdown"

7 comments:

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

i hear you survived.

jasmine

Jim said...

I walk these streets, a loaded six [gun in my pack]
I play for keeps, 'cause I might not make it back
I been everywhere, and I'm standing tall
I've seen a million faces an I've rocked them all

I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted(wanted)dead or alive

Bon Jovi - Dead or Alive
Congrats on defeating the Zombie Horde!
Jas, was there ever a doubt?

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

he had doubt, i had hope.

jasmine

cheesecows666 said...

Doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo,

FINAL COUNTDOWN

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

this is the ultimate showdown
of ultimate destiny
good guys, bad guys, and explosions
as far as the eye can see
And only one will survive
I wonder who it will be?
this is the ultimate showdown
of ultimate destiny

-M

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim said...

They walk with their arms away from their sides
Cause it's all in the timing who wins the fight
All around us the signs are clear
It's gone too far

Now the showdown is here
Showdown is here

Hungry dogs follow and the vultures lead
Self-preservation the original creed
But there's too much fire from the perfect match
And now it's just a matter of the first attack

Which one is right
That's no longer clear
Anger has no right
When it's covered with fear
Never turn your back
That's always when you're caught
You're a dead man on the rack
'Cause you're just too proud to stop

Absolute quiet is the final warning - SHOWDOWN
Six minutes and the war is roaring - SHOWDOWN
The voice of reason was buried this morning - SHOWDOWN
Decision for death is the final story - SHOWDOWN

We used to love it when they came on the screen
The good guys strong and the bad guys mean
But the story has changed, now the ending's insane
The audience dies . . .
In the final frame
It's the final game

Grace Slick
Jefferson Starship – Nuclear Furniture
Showdown