Monday, January 5, 2009

Meghan: New Years

This New years I’ve learned something that every college student, nay, every person, has to learn sometime in their life,

Alcohol is evil.

Oh yes, it’s lots of fun but after a night of it I can safely say that I’m hopping onto the abstinence wagon and chaining myself to the floorboards. At least for a week or so.

As I sit here blearily typing, more and more memories come back to me like little lost scraps of paper that I’m catching on the wind. Each time I catch one I alternatively sink lower in my chair or start laughing at the total ridiculousness of it.

Would I undo it? Hell no, parts of it were so fun that I would repeat the entire experience right this minute if I didn’t also have clear memories of those parts where my weak stomach gave in to the toxins I had been dumping into it. No, I will not be skipping off to purify myself or repent in the arms of a convent (though I won’t say it didn’t cross my mind in the more painful hours of my stupidity). I was protected by people I trusted so that I could do something hideously stupid and fun.

By the way, to those people who had to deal with us in our various states of inhibition loss; thank you, more than I can say.

Things I liked: learning to play chess, rum, everything was entertaining, getting trashed was a bonding experience, mind blowing sex, Jasmine’s robe, talking, sleeping, loss of gravity control

Things I didn’t like: throwing up, the dark, head stuffed with cotton, burning eyes, being helpless, cleaning after


I could recite the whole story...I could. But that would take a ridiculous amount of time and I'd like to clutch onto a little scrap of humility. At least for as long as it takes for someone else to post the entire damn story.


love,

Meghan

4 comments:

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

damn right it takes a ridiculously long time. my robe. gah. glare and hate. my poor poor undeserving of such treatment robe!

jasmine

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

We are more stupid when we get together, no? Gah.
Miss you,
Sarah

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

but. it's fuzzy
-M

cheesecows666 said...

We ride.

Beware the five.


Oh, and anytime you're ever up for an actual game of chess, let me know. You learned quite quickly.