Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Doug: Brain Damage

Why did you do that?



"I don't know." Miserable, I hang my head between my knees. You can tell it's bad when you start talking to your angel out loud. Right now I could care less about looking weird. There's no one up here who's opinion I'm even remotely interested in.



Starting fights. I remember when you did that... before.



"Shut up." My skull hurts, as to my knuckles. I remember punching a wall. Bad habit, that. "You're not saying I haven't already thought of."



Prick. The presence faded. A bitter smile comes to my lips. Never before had I been such an asshole that even She'd left me.



Alone in my head. There's a thought. No prodding in any particular direction. Gods help us. Free will.



All things happen according to God's plan.



"Weren't you gone?" I almost shouted. A skinny Asian glances at me, slightly alarmed. I bare my teeth at him.



No. She sounded very frustrated about that. I can't leave! I tried! She sounds just like her, it makes me want to beat my skull against the wall and reach out to love and touch at the same time.



"Sure you can! Get out!" Fighting again. Asshole.



I'm telling you... I CAN'T. I tried. I would if I could. Asshole.



She doesn't lie. Or at least I'd never heard her do it. "Well shit."



Shit is right. I don't want to be in this cesspit you call a brain. I deliberately thought of the most vulgar thing I could think of. You filthy pervert! How dare you!



Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around. Finally I could think.



And then realized that I was exhausted. "We're going to sleep this anger off." I muttered.



Great. Now I get to see your dreams.



"Yeah. If I had them."

No comments: