Thursday, September 18, 2008

Jasmine: It's random, but it does flow i swear

So my parents now have a very big plus in their currying-favor-with-Jasmine column. I’m a simple person, and food really is all it takes to get to my heart, my cold, insensitive, war mongering heart.

I went home this evening, took Sarah with me. Or it could be the other way around; Sarah went to my home and brought me with her. I lose track when someone else’s car is involved and sometimes treat it as my own, if my own had a chauffeur who I didn’t pay even minimum wage. Hi Meghan (Jasmine waves sheepishly). So after dropping by Sarah’s house we made our way to my house and indulged ourselves in pork chops, eggplant tomato casserole smothered in delicious cheese(which incidentally I’ve been calling eggplant parmesan), and succotash (I’m not really sure how to spell that). Afterwards we had some rice pudding cold; I gave my raisons to Sarah, disgustingly sweet grub looking things.

Not satisfied that we had partaken in their food, they gave me the leftovers now sitting in my fridge, and I managed to snag some peanut butter and chocolate. Raven hid the peanut butter we had, I think. Evil Raven.

Still they were not done with their amazing generosity. They sold books earlier in the week, which is where we take the books we’ve finished reading and don’t care to read again and sell them to a used bookstore for credit. They gave me the credit. I’ve got ninety dollars worth of books out there waiting to be bought. Woot! Before leaving I also grabbed my risk game, but that was mine to begin with. We’re going to get some weekly games in I swear it.

So food and books, it’s what college is all about. It’s what I’m all about, or what I used to be about. I used to read nearly a book a day. I was a four books a week minimum girl. I don’t know what happened to her. No I do know. She got a life, some friends, and the books grew lonely. Friends are needy time sucking things, but so are books. Right now I’ve got an absence of friends, or at least people I care enough about to spend my time with, but I’ve still got all those books waiting on the shelf. I like who I am now, but I still miss who I was a lot. I think I’m going to try and find her this semester. Bring on the books.

Recently I’ve been feeling kind of purposeless. Friends distract me from it, but like I said, not so many of them around anymore, and now it’s glaringly obvious that I need something to do. There were supposed to be clubs, but I didn’t go to any of the meetings, apart from pre-med. There’s supposed to be volunteer work, but I’m slacking on getting signed up. There needs to be a job, but once again, blargh. I’ve got too much time on my hands. And even if I managed to acquire a few more friends I don’t think I could be distracted from my uselessness now that I’ve seen it. I want to either create or destroy. Nothing else will satisfy. It means I need to start writing again. Because for those of you who know me, destroying is kind of legally impossible, and I don’t have the means not to get caught right now.

So writing. Yep. It’s been a while. I still write little bits in notebooks and journals in between classes, but that’s not what I’m talking about. I need to set aside time each day where I do nothing but write. An hour or two devoted to my muse. I’ve got plenty of story ideas stashed in my computer and in my head. I’ve just not been writing them. it’s going to suck getting started again, but kind of like running, you just have to do it, or you never will.

This was all very… I’m looking for a word, I’m not finding it, I’ll settle for sappy. First I tout my parents. That doesn’t happen very often. Then I complain about not having friends or a life’s purpose. I feel like I need to go slaughter kittens just to balance me out to my normal level. No I like kittens, maybe puppies. Yes I will ritually sacrifice puppies and then paint the hookers and hobos with their blood. That sounds like a lot more fun.

Doug, write zombies.

3 comments:

Scribe said...

look guys! she's human!
;-)
doug

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

i am offended by this comment. my post was merely a way to prove to you all that i know how humans think and behave and have now fully asymalated myself into your culture. be afraid, i'm watching.

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

uh oh, Jasmine's regressing...
What will we return home to?
I'm scared
-Meghan