Friday, September 26, 2008

Meghan: Changes

I can feel the changes whispering on the edge of my mind. Burning through my veins like a sip of fire. Nothing seems to matter, or is it everything? Every minute the mind flicks, flits, flips from thought to thought searching for the answer, trying to put these pieces together. Some pieces fall together only to be torn from their places. But it’s not the ever-shifting puzzle that I’ve noticed; the puzzle is life; it’s always there. It’s the changes that have caught my eye and my soul. Not bone-deep earth shattering differences, just little shifts. Like this person speaks a little differently and that person is a little more emotional and this person more gentle. Then I wonder, am I different? How can I be cast to the other side of the country amid complete strangers and remain untouched by it all? Maybe I’ll return speaking in the honeyed tones of the south and shocked by the scandalous things my friends do. (not likely) But I think and I wonder, and I miss those who would help me thrash out my problems (and who I could badger with my "deep and philosophical questions").

-Meghan

3 comments:

Scribe said...

you know you can always talk to me. if i don't answer my phone, try texting

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

yeah right. you never answer your phone or texts
Sarah

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

But meghan you can talk to all of us!
Sarah