Sunday, October 5, 2008

Doug: Knowlege

Dear Readers,

Is is better to know or not to know?

I've recently come into some knowledge, well, a series of knowledge, that while not rocking my world certainly caused me to rethink myself and everything I thought I knew about some people.

For example, I've often found myself in love with the strong silent warrior ethos. His past is always a mystery, his emotions rarely visible beneath a brooding, silent strength. He's not talkative, and rarely reveals things of himself, and then only in bits and pieces. He is the ultimate Hero.

And then there's this girl. And she's great, she's really something. She gets under his skin. Sees him for what he really is. And while he never opens up to her, not really, she doesn't care, it doesn't matter to her. Because she loves him, more than life itself. His past doesn't matter, not to her.

And this is where it kind of goes off the deep end. You see, you can't kill your past. I would know, I've tried. It just comes back to haunt you. Sooner or later, you can't hide from the things you've done. His past, your past, because you are the Hero, comes back. And it takes her away from you.

And then you've got to fight to get her back, because you realize that even though you thought you were tough, that you were strong, that you could shoulder your burdens for the next thousand years or more, that if you lose this one thing, this girl, you won't be able to live another day.

And now you're really screwed.

Nothing about this little story is true. This is not what I found out tonight. This is not something that means anything at all. Do not look for anything in this. But do know this. You are the Hero, and he, she, whoever you fight for, by God, the Devil, and all their angels. If they're worth everything you give up, every dark moment you have, your lifeblood, your very soul, you will have them.

-Doug

"Go to bed."
"Miss you"
"I know"
-I'm not telling you who this is.

2 comments:

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

hey doug, you write too much too often. i'd say try not to make it a habit but i'd only be trying to save my own ass and you know it. thank you for a lot of things.

The Fearsome Fivesome said...

I know how she feels.
The woman in love with Ethos, anyway.

And I know how you feel Doug.
But don't let anything stop you from living (especially the past).
Okay?
We both know what I mean.

Sarah