Saturday, October 11, 2008

Doug: MIDNIGHT.

Dear Readers,

So, it's well past midnight here. it's actually 1 am. I got a call from someone about an hour ago, but that doesn't matter, because I was already up. Why was I already up you ask? Because I'm stupid, it tends to happen when you're in the state I'm in. (only two people will get that, deal with it.) But the fact is, I got a call at midnight, from a person 3 states away.

Now, I love this someone to death, and I love the person they're fighting with to death too. And, well face facts Doug, you love just about everyone who would trust you enough to call you in times of distress. So yeah. I'm not irritated about it, just a little sleepy.

So know this, friends, lovers, brothers, sisters, those that I love:

You can call me anytime. Day, night, hurricane, The Change (if you can get a phone to work during this then there's no way in hell I'm NOT answering it), Alien Space Bats landing, whatever. I'll always answer that phone. Unless I'm dead or Pting, and I'll call you back after pt, even though by then I'll be wishing I'm dead. So, bring me your problems, your fears, your hopes and desires. Your dreams, your nightmares, your loves, your heartbreaks.

I got your back.

-Doug

"To sacrifice yourself for someone, without their ever knowing... that is powerful."
-Rachel Weiz, "A Scanner Darkly"

No comments: